Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Business and Prayer



What do you say in your prayer time. Do you ask for world peace or health and safety for your family? There is nothing wrong with including your family business. Besides, why are you building your business? It’s not for selfish reasons but for the welfare of your family.

When we look at what is going on around us, we find that we need to incorporate more than just practical means. Things around us that we counted on seem to be failing us or not working quite like we expected. You were sold on the importance of an education and got that degree or two, only to get into a world where you are competing with so many others who have done the same. We see that we can’t depend on the banking system now no matter how great your credit may be. Who would have ever thought that it was possible to run out or water in the U.S. Well Georgia’s water drought proved that it was possible. The price of gas and food are increasing rapidly and unemployment has risen. Large corporations such as Home Depot, Circuit City and Starbucks which generally challenged small businesses are now experiencing financial difficulty. If large corporations are experiencing difficulties then I don’t need to say what small businesses are experiencing during this time.

This all confirms to me how much more than just our degrees, great credit and influence we need during this time. We must incorporate spirituality and prayer. Read this article below that was written by a real estate agent in the Georgia market.


Michele,


I just wanted to share something with you briefly. Michele, I have been in the real estate business for over 5 years. I only work with buyers because I don't have much success with sellers. Buyers have always been more promising to me…. Recently a young lady asked me to list her property and I really didn't want to, but I did. I joined the caravan group and we went and viewed it and prayed on my listing. Today, the bank and buyers agreed and we are officially under contract. It hasn't closed yet, but I am sure it will. I am so glad SS has introduced me to a new listing technique that should have been so obvious. Bring God into it.


Jane


No matter what you are praying for, know that prayer changes things.

The Girl In Charge

No comments: